To assist in ensuring that police vehicles and associated equipment are presented to a professional standard.
Key accountabilities for this opportunity include, but are not limited to:
1. To give a regular and effective service.
2. To clean and undertake minor checks on police vehicles on regular basis (eg oil, tyre pressure etc.) which will be supplementary to the system of checks that are already in place.
3. To maintain inventories for vehicle equipment.
4. To report damage/loss of vehicle equipment and maintain vehicle kit to required standards.
5. To bring any issues with vehicles to the attention of a line manager.
For further information about the role, please visit - https://careers.newjob.org.uk/HC/job/Newport-Volunteer-Vehicle-&-Cycle-Maintenance-Support-Assistant-HC283895-HAM/751980201/
To hold a full current driving licence.
- Diversity and equal opportunities policy
- Age restrictions
- Complaints Policy
- Confidentially Policy
- DBS check required
In house vetting check required
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Ideal times are week day mornings (from 6am) as this is when more vehicles will be available, however volunteers can give as much time as they are able to.
Newport Police Station
More Opportunities from Hampshire Constabulary
Independent Advisory Group Member - Adult and Youth Group
Independent Custody Visitor
Volunteer Neighbourhood Policing Team Admin Assistant
Land maintenance and gardening at Bodster CIC
Bodster Equine Assisted Learning Community Interest Company
Needles National Coastwatch Institution - NCI
Isle of Wight Steam Railway
Maintenance and General practical work
Church on the Roundabout
Volunteer work buddies - Horticulture
Care in the Garden