DanceSense is a project run by Independent Arts for people who have neurological conditions which affect their movement.
We are looking for a volunteer who can help support participants to join in safely and confidently. Sessions are led by a qualified professional.
DanceSense sessions last one hour and participants can take part seated or standing.
Volunteers should be fit and able to complete a gentle 60 minute dance class. It is important that volunteers have good flexibility and balance as participants may lean on them at times during the sessions.
A passion for dance is essential, but no formal training required.
Sessions take place weekly in Newport (Camp Hill Community Club) on Monday mornings.
• Have a friendly, welcoming, and approachable manner
• Have an interest or experience in working with older people and those with limited mobility
• Enjoy and are skilled in social interaction
• Can work effectively in a team
• Want to make a difference in their community
• Are fit and active and happy to dance along!
- Diversity and equal opportunities policy
- Age restrictions
Over 18 only
- Child Protection
- Complaints Policy
- Confidentially Policy
- DBS check required
- Ex Offenders
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Suitable for Supported Volunteering
- Suitable for Under 16's
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 13/06/2022
End Date: 08/12/2022
Mondays from approx 10.15am - 12.30pm
Camp Hill Community Club
More Opportunities from Independent Arts
Shipwreck Centre & Maritime Museum
Care in the Garden
Sight for Wight (formerly Isle of Wight Blind Society)
Optio Voluntary Car Service
1024 Squadron Royal Air Force Cadets