We need members to:
- Monitor planning applications
- Act as stewards at East Cowes Heritage Centre
- Assist at events organised or supported by the Society
- Research historical Island topics with a view to publishing pamphlets and books
- Join in networking with like minded organisations on the Island
It helps if volunteers are computer literate but is not compulsory
Volunteers should be good listeners to understand other people's and organisations' points of view and pass them on to the Executive committee of the Society.
It helps if volunteers are good communicators to present the Society's aims and/or help at the Heritage Centre.
An interest in historic and planning research is welcome.
DIY skills are helpful with maintenance work at the Heritage Centre.
- Diversity and equal opportunities policy
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection
- Complaints Policy
- Confidentially Policy
- DBS check required
- Ex Offenders
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Suitable for Under 16's
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/04/2022
The East Cowes Heritage Centre is open Mondays to Saturdays from 10.00 until 13.00. If there are sufficient volunteers we would be able to open for longer periods.
92 Greenlands Road
East Cowes Town Council
Alzheimer's Society - Hampshire, Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands
FYTbus (Wight Community Access Ltd)
Girlguiding Isle of Wight