Are you happy to chat on the telephone and can get by on a PC?
Looking for administration or customer service experience?
With lots of support from the shop team you will be the first point of contact for customers, helping them with any enquiries, arranging collections for donations and explaining our Gift Aid scheme.
You will also be using our online collections system to process online donation requests and helping organise our van teams.
Say hello to the team: Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Last year our British Heart Foundation UK charity shops across the UK raised an incredible £28 million – this wouldn’t have been possible without our fantastic volunteers. Our team is bright and bubbly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
• Dealing with phone and online enquiries, supported by the shop team
• Reception and front of house duties, helping around the cashier desk
• Being organised and able to follow administration procedures accurately
• Providing good customer service and assisting the shop team and Manager
• Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
Most of the skills for this roles can be taught, however someone who is comfortable on the phone, has a little bit of customer service experience and is organised it would really benefit.
- Diversity and equal opportunities policy
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection
Safeguarding Policy & Team in Place
- Complaints Policy
- Confidentially Policy
- Ex Offenders
Sorry not currently
- Expenses reimbursed
To agree with store/shop manager
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Duke of Edinburgh Award
Yes as long as 16+
- Suitable for Supported Volunteering
- Suitable for Under 16's
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
Full induction provided, in role training and even NVQs available
- Volunteer induction
Full induction given
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 13/12/2021
End Date: 31/01/2023
18a High St
More Opportunities from British Heart Foundation - Newport
Earl Mountbatten Hospice
Isle of Wight Scout Council
FYTbus (Wight Community Access Ltd)
East Cowes Town Council