Ryde Carnival Association is a socially responsible organisation.
We are committed to safeguarding at risk children and vulnerable adults.
We are serious about protecting anyone that comes into contact with us from harm.
We do not tolerate abuse, neglect and/or exploitation in any form.
This role will be shared by all members of Ryde Carnival
This ambassador will need to be friendly and understanding with good observational skills.
Previous experience is desired but not essential if willing to do training.
You will need to take time to understand Ryde Carnival organisation's safeguarding responsibilities and policies.
Being part of the Ryde Carnival team - safeguarding responsibilities belong to everyone at Ryde Carnival and are a priority for us.
• Undertaking safeguarding training
• Be DBS checked and be fully aware of Ryde Carnival’s code of conduct and safeguarding policy
• Taking an active part in safeguarding our young and vulnerable people
• Attending Island carnivals to help care for the young team
• Attending family events held by Ryde Carnival
• Chaperoning judges on Ryde Carnival Night
- Diversity and equal opportunities policy
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection
- Complaints Policy
- Confidentially Policy
- DBS check required
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 16's
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
online training and RCA policies given
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This role will support Ryde Carnival with events involving children. You would not be expected to attend all carnivals around the Island but may be called upon if needed. You would be expected to help during Ryde Carnival Week events and carnivals, last week of August/beginning of September
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Ryde Carnival Association
Care in the Garden
Wessex Cancer Trust
Isle of Wight Scout Council
Sight for Wight (formerly Isle of Wight Blind Society)
Optio Voluntary Car Service