• Publicise, promote and organise the Poppy Appeal in your designated area, in conjunction with your local Community Fundraiser.
• Arrange the ordering (through our online system), storage and distribution of poppies and other materials for the Appeal.
• Help recruit other volunteers to distribute poppies and to help collect at local collections if needed in your area. They could be friends, relatives, local community groups or local residents that may be interested. full training and advice on this will be given and you will be supported by your local community fundraiser. • Carefully safeguard and accurately account for all monies taken during the Poppy Appeal, bank Appeal donations and liaise with head office about banking records.
What training will I receive?
- You will be given the opportunity to complete the online Introduction to the Legion, and will be expected to read and adhere to the Poppy Appeal Organiser\'s Handbook which has all the guidelines you need to support you in your role.
What support will be available to me?
-You will be given a designated supervisor who will meet with you to discuss your volunteering, training and opportunities for personal development.
You we be required to attend briefings, training and other meetings when requested to keep up to ensure you are able to fulfil your volunteer role.
- Additional support will be provided by the local community fundraiser or your fundraising relationship manager.
How will we work together?
- We are grateful for your gift of time in helping us to support the Armed Forces community. We aim to make your volunteering with the Legion an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We will reimburse your expenses, in line with our agreed guidelines, and you will be covered by our public liability insurance.
We are looking for someone who is committed to the Legion’s mission and values and would enjoy participating in the Poppy Appeal.
Some one who has a passion for fundraising that is infectious to others!
Good communication skills and a willingness to be part of a great cause are also qualities that we are looking for.
- Diversity and equal opportunities policy
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection
- Complaints Policy
- Confidentially Policy
- DBS check required
- Ex Offenders
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Suitable for Supported Volunteering
- Suitable for Under 16's
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Poppy Appeal takes place end of October through to Remembrance
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from The Royal British Legion
Ventnor Botanic Garden Friends Society
National Youth Advocacy Service
Classic Boat Museum