There are three volunteer opportunities available based out of our office, St Cross Business Park.
1. Data entry Transcribing data, from hand-written applications from prisoners, onto our database. This task which is essential to the operation of our Award scheme, as it enables us to respond effectively to any queries from prison staff, prisoners, Hardman staff and trustees.
2. Directory distribution Organising on a weekly basis the efficient mail-out of Hardman Directories, to prison and probation staff, prisoner families and others who have requested a copy.
3. Phone calling prison librarians across the UK for Directory feedback. Contacting prison librarians across the UK, by phone and email, eliciting their feedback. Prison librarians have, over the years, expressed their gratitude for receiving such a valued resource.
Additionally these roles come with
(a) an invitation to attend our morale boosting Award Ceremonies held in prisons in the south of England where the impact of your volunteering comes to life.
(b) gain further skills in a workplace environment
1. Attention to detail, good IT ability,
2. Able to see through a distribution process, as an active role
3. Good telephone manner, able to summarise conversations and keep systematic records
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 07/03/2022
End Date: 31/03/2023
10 - 4 (whole day) 10 - 1 or 1 - 4 (half days)
PO Box 108
Isle of Wight
Sight for Wight (formerly Isle of Wight Blind Society)
Isle of Wight University for Free Time
British Red Cross
Isle of Wight Steam Railway